Friday, September 25, 2009

Dealing with a loss and staying strong







1936-2009
In our daily lives, we have to deal with a lot of things. And losing a loved one is one of them. We still need to be strong, courageous, and most importantly we need to act normal, do our daily routines. You still need to pay your bills, make your phone calls, take your shower and smile :)
I've lost a lived one today, he is my sister's father in law. But because I grew up with my brother in law, he is more than a brother in law; he is a brother to me. So Hamdi Artar was my uncle. He was a character. When I say "Character" , Abraham Lincoln's quote comes to my mind "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." He was a strong tree, but still humorous. I remember, how many times I invited him to States and he used to tell me, "Okay if you get me a new wife, I'll come"
He was a good husband, father, grandfather, friend to many and an uncle to me. The worst thing is, I'm so far a way and even I can't able to attend his funeral tomorrow. But because of Social media sites, I can be able to reach so many, and I've been reached by so many. We all received prayers, comfort and I'm so grateful.

So sometimes you think what is my gain with Social Media? Think about this, you may receive what you need...
GOD REST HIS SOUL IN PEACE


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment