Friday, July 2, 2010

My Daughter Got Her Braces Today






Everyday in life we're learning and experiencing new things. I believe if you have kids and if they need orthodontic adjustment; you probably get through this before. My daughter got her spacers last week and Dr. Cooper took them out and put the braces today. If you didn'tget through those stages; let me share my experience with you. Spacers are just little tiny rubber bands that they stick in between her teeth to "space them out" its like having a thick peice of floss stuck in your teeth. Spacer accually hurt more than braces especially since its like the first thing they do, and shes not used to any pain in her mouth. I gave her midol and stuff which should help. The pain last only the first few days. anyways, yes, if the spacers dont just fall out on their own from her eating or from the teeth spacing out enough, they just pull them out then put a big metal band around the back teeth and little brakets on all the others followed by a wire and some colored rubber bands of her choice! Like they did to her today. The colors was her favorite part. She picked pink and hot pink. They say, it just takes a while to get used to the pain.
The best experience about today was our choice. We picked Dr. Jeffrey Cooper and he made the whole process so easy for my daughter. She explained everything step by step. He acted so friendly and professional at the same time. I'm thankful to him and happy to have him in this journey.
Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right.
Phillip C. McGraw #quote

But still I know that there is alot of pressure and pain, any suggestions about what to do for the pain for her?

Bookmark and Share




1 comment:

  1. I got my braces about a year ago and I found that soft food and a cold compress worked the best for me. Smoothies are probably a good idea for the first few days when it is really painful too. My ortho always tells me "well we did a lot in there so Advil is probably going to be your best friend for the next few days!" Just want you to know that the first few adjustmens will most likely hurt, but now in my case when they adjust my teeth I hardly feel any pain at all. I think it's just something you get used to. Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete